Growing up I always loved Thanksgiving for two reasons. One, I loved seeing all my family in one day – we would go to my dad’s parents during the day and my mom’s parents at night. The second being, I loved the food. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and now I have a daughter to make memories with!
This year I am hosting Thanksgiving and I want it to be perfect! I have way too much ADD to try and remember this all in my head so I wrote it all down for myself and figured I’d share!
- Make a list of the food you want to make and your grocery list simultaneously.
- Purchase any kitchen gadgets or decor you may want/need.
- Clean the house beforehand! Don’t wait until the day of to do all the big cleaning stuff! Or hire someone to do it if you want.
- Set the table the night or a few nights before so that’s just one less thing you have to do the day of! Before all my parties I always set the table or kitchen up the way I want it so come party day, I don’t have to wake up super early to make sure I get it all done!
- Prep what you can and that goes for the food and your home! Like I said before – get your house clean and decorate anything you can ahead of time. For the food, some things you may be able to cook early, freeze, and reheat! I also lay out all the serving dishes and put post it notes in them of what I’ll use it for and put the serving utensil with it to make sure I have enough.
COVID Friendly Holiday
Everyone is handling this pandemic in their own ways. No matter how you choose to spend your holiday, you’re making the best decision for you and your family.
- Extend the table as much as possible
- Preset the table or make individualized sets of place settings so people don’t have to touch a bunch of silverware to get their own.
- Sit outdoors if possible
- Have hand sanitizer/disinfecting wipes available. We have a whole “Covid station” by our front door which includes paper masks, Purell wipes, and hand sanitizer. There is also a sanitizing spray, called Eon (which I linked for you below) that we have in the bathroom, for guests to use. We also have hand sanitizers in every room of our house!
I hope this helps you prepare for Thanksgiving! Enjoy your holiday!